The clocks have sprung forward and more daylight illuminates our days, signaling it is time – to get your car ready for spring!
Here are five car maintenance tips to ensure your vehicle’s longevity for the adventures of a new season.
- Remove leftover road grime – during the dreary winter months, salt remains a friend to the road, yet a vexation to cars, especially the undercarriage as it can cause corrosion. So be sure to give your car some TLC with a thorough wash and rinse.
- Check alignment and suspension – potholes, exacerbated by winter conditions, can deter any car’s alignment. If you notice vibration in your steering or your car is pulling to one side, you’ll want to get this fixed!
- Changing oil and checking fluids is recommended seasonally, or every 3,000-5,000 miles.
- Rotate tires and check pressure – since decreased tread and under-inflation can compromise the safety of your vehicle; it is recommended both be checked after a vigorous winter season.
- Inspect brakes – perhaps the most important safety feature of any car, be sure to have your break pads and rotors examined.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the upkeep of your vehicle, please do not hesitate to contact our maintenance department at Rothrock CDJR & Nissan where we are happy to serve you.